Mark moved into his own home recently and he is looking for a Team Leader to work with him and support him and the rest of his team. It's Mark's first house so you will be busy but it's a great chance to make a real difference to Mark.
He is keen to recruit an experienced team leader who can support him so that he can start living as full a life as possible. Mark wants you to know that he cannot verbally communicate his needs and he sometimes finds everyday life a bit challenging due to way his autism impacts him. For example he will struggle with noisy, crowded places and anywhere that has a lot of different things happening at once.
He doesn't have a great sense of danger and he can be impulsive. Mark is at his best when he is in wide open spaces, he loves the beach and wildlife and good structured surroundings which are familiar to him. He also loves spicy food and watching Netflix.
He is a really happy guy, a real joy to support, he needs someone with a great set of values who understands him. Mark wants his team leader to be self-motivated and he would prefer someone with experience. He wants someone who is fun and enthusiastic but also caring and kind. Someone who can support him to live his best life.
Ideally you will:
- Have some experience of working with people with Autism
- Positive and upbeat with a 'can do' attitude
- Reliable, Mark wants you for the long-term
- Be keen to grow and develop within your role
- Have a good level of resilience
- Understand what it takes to make a difference
- Have a good level of IT skills
- Be committed to the values of inclusion
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- Critical Illness cover, reassurance when you need it the most
- Life Insurance, reassurance for your family when they need it the most
- A really good mandatory induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone's life.
A PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits Dumfries and Galloway , the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Beyond Limits provides bespoke support and assisted living for people with mental health issues, learning disabilities, brain injury, autism and other social and emotional needs. We specialise in working with people who are leaving long-term institutional care settings such as hospital or group residential care and need support to live independently.